The travel bug is biting, but I am having trouble spending vacation time away from my favorite fly fishing spots in the Denver -Vail valley area. The problem was solved, however, when one of the staff at the Denver Minturn Anglers shop suggested I look into one of the many fly fishing tours they offer. What better way to spend a vacation than traveling to new places while indulging my passion for fly fishing.
The destination trips arranged by Minturn Anglers are to the very best fly fishing spots in the world, places that are often worth visiting year after year. I decided it was time to check out their amazing options that range from budget packages that are simply pure fishing, to trips that include extravagant accommodation, first class dining and entertainment.
I started my research by checking out the Minturn Anglers destination trips on their website. Some of the out of state trips that sounded interesting include:
- Fishing the tailwaters of the North Platte River in Wyoming, where very large trout have made this a #1 destination for big fish
- Fish for the largest steelhead in the States at Clearwater River in Central Idaho, with all meals and lodging provided at the Minturn Anglers Ranch House
- Enjoy the spectacular scenery at the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state, spectacular steelhead trips, and superb accommodation and food, all at reasonable prices
There are more exotic offerings as well:
- Tour some of the hottest fly fishing waters in South America at the Piran͂a River in Patagonia
- Enjoy the challenge of catching Dorado at the luxurious Dorado Cua Lodge in the Argentinian province of Corrientes
- Stay at one of the best rated fly fishing lodges and fish for bones, permit and tarpon in the Turneffe Flats in Belize
Thoroughly overwhelmed by the possibilities, I decided it was time to speak with the experts. When I dropped into Minturn Anglers in Denver, I quickly discovered that the staff knew the questions to ask to help me narrow the options to what best suited by skills, interests and appetite for adventure. They know from experience where to send you for the most satisfying trip ever, whether it is fly fishing a roaring Alaskan river, or surf fishing at an exotic beach paradise.
They gave me all the information I needed to persuade my family it was time to book a fly fishing trip of a lifetime with Minturn Anglers!