If you have ever explored the roads around Denver or Vail searching for the perfect fly fishing spot, you have no doubt passed many tempting locations posted as private property, with large no trespassing signs in plain sight. More than likely, you have wondered what it would be like to be able to fish in these exclusive waters. Well, I know how you can make this happen.
Every year, Minturn Anglers negotiates exclusive fishing access to a number of private waters on ranches and leases around the Vail-Denver area. Many of these locations are only 30 minutes to 2 hours away. In many cases, guides are able to bring clients into prime waters, from small streams and lakes to floatable rivers, to fish for trophy trout that have never before been tempted by a fly. Guided trips to these exclusive venues are popular and access is limited, so it is wise to book early for one of these private water expeditions.
- Rattlesnake Ranch is Minturn Angler’s base location for the Lower Eagle River, and offers excellent access to large and challenging browns and rainbows
- The Colorado River Ranch is perfect or those who want secluded adventure in picturesque surroundings
- Choose high country still water and stream fishing at the McLaughlin Ranch in the pristine Piney River valley
- The Boxwood Gulch and Long Meadow Ranch is 50 miles from Denver on the North fork of the South Platte, and provides some of the best fly fishing in Colorado
- If you really want an adventure, book the Minturn Angler 10 person private plane to reach exclusive private water fishing in north central Colorado
In addition, as a guiding member of the Rocky Mountain Angling Club, Minturn Anglers has access to another 50 or so top notch fly fishing properties. This includes more than 90 miles of Gold Medal streams and rivers as well as 25 lakes and ponds that are brimming with trophy trout.
I recommend contacting Minturn Anglers to arrange for your own private water fishing expedition.